National Board of Examinations in Occupational Safety and Health
NEBOSH (National Board of Examinations in Occupational Safety and Health) is a UK-based independent examination board that offers vocational qualifications in the health and safety, environmental sectors.
NEBOSH IGC was established in 1979 and is offering a wide range of health and safety courses in HSE from entry-level to specialist level.
The NEBOSH qualification is internationally accepted and not for emphasis, nowadays it is becoming a mandatory qualification for every HSE professional.
Who should go for NEBOSH IGC?
The NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) offers comprehensive understanding of occupational health and safety principles and practices. The course is specifically designed for managers, supervisors and employee representatives to help manage risks more effectively. NEBOSH IGC focuses on international standards and management systems, enabling candidates in any industrial sector to efficiently execute workplace health and safety responsibilities
What are the benefits for learners?
The NEBOSH IGC courses looks at everyday solutions for general workplace health and safety issues. When you have completed the qualification, you will be able to:
- Justify the need for health and safety improvements;
- Advise on duties for health and safety in the workplace;
- Help your organisation to manage contractors;
- Work within a health and safety management system;
- Positively influence health and safety culture and behavior;
- Carry out a general risk assessment (using a 5-step approach) of your workplace;
- Recognize workplace changes and their impacts and understand how to minimize these impacts;
- Develop basic safe systems of work that include emergency arrangements and know when to use a permit-to-work system;
- Take part in incident investigations
- Help your employer check the effectiveness of their health and safety management system through monitoring, auditing and review.
What are Benefits for employers?
When you get the NEBOSH IGC course, there will be a real difference in knowledge, understanding, skills to help protect the health and safety of all workers, not only in the workplace. You will have the knowledge, understanding and skills to help protect the health and safety of all workers. You will be able to help your employer follow the law and good practice, as well as help them avoid the huge costs incurred by incidents and poor health. If you have any questions or queries, contact us by telephone or email and we will make sure to contact you as soon as possible.
What are the topics covered in NEBOSH IGC?
Unit IG1- Management of Health and Safety
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit IG-2 Risk Assessment
- Physical and psychological health
- Muscolskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work equipment
What is the duration of this course?
- Live Online Training Session– 13 days
- E-learning – 110 hours
How will you be evaluated for this online NEBOSH IGC course?
- Assessment will be done through Open Book Exam
- 24hrs will be allocated for completing the open book exam
- Access your course material / digital source
- A Closing Interview will be conducted by an Interviewer
- Minimum pass standard: 45 marks
- Practical Assessment
- Minimum pass standard: 100 marks
- Submissions – handwritten or electronic. Preferred is electronic
- IG2 Electronic Submission Form
- Results will be notified as either ‘Pass’ or ‘Refer’
Certification is awarded to the candidates who achieve a minimum of “PASS” standard in both IG1 and IG2
Join us and others from around the globe online.
Get a career of high demands in the Quality, Safety and Environment field and let us help you build it.