Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management
The level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is a qualification for aspiring health and safety professionals. It is aimed at learners who are responsible for developing and applying health and safety procedures day-to-day in an organisation. They are likely to be managers looking to improve their knowledge and skills. The Diploma is designed to provide learners with the expertise required to undertake a career as a health and safety practitioner and it also provides a sound basis for progression to postgraduate study.
Qualification Titles and Codes
The qualification has been accredited to the Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) and each qualification unit has its own unique Qualification Accreditation Number (QAN). This number will appear on the learner’s final certification document. Each unit with the qualification has its own RQF code. The QAN for this qualification is as follows:
Qualifi Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management – 603/5226/7
- A minimum of a Level 5 qualification in a related sector
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience which demonstrates current and relevant industry knowledge.
- In certain circumstances, students with considerable experience but no formal qualifications may be considered, subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the program.
Further Progression or Links
Learners completing the QUALIFI Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management can progress to:
- A QUALIFI Level 7 Diploma
- Directly into employment in an associated profession
Language of Assessment
The qualification is assessed in English only.
Scheme of Assessment
Assessment for Level 6 Diploma is written examinations for each unit separately. The written examinations test knowledge, understanding and the application of learning. Assessments may be completed in any order.
Paper A and B
All questions are compulsory, total marks are 150 & passing marks are 50%. Total question 10 in two formats i.e.
- Short answer 5 questions (10 marks each)
- Long answer 5 questions (20 marks each)
Assessment time = Max 4 hours
The question paper will be the same for all learners
The learner can complete units 1 & 2 separately or combine.
Join us and others from around the globe online.
Get a career of high demands in the Quality, Safety and Environment field and let us help you build it.