The ESC`s QULIFI Level 7
The QULIFI Level 7 international diploma is designed to provide learners with the expertise required to undertake a career as a health and safety manager and it also provides a sound basis for progression to postgraduate study.
The scope of the programme is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their practice capabilities within the health and safety sector. The expected outcome of the Diploma, which is the achievement of a recognized UK qualification, is for learners to develop the skills required by organizations and the industry globally.
Course Candidate Acceptance
To study this qualification, you must meet one of the following:
- A minimum of a Level 5/6 qual in a ESC course or related sector (or)
- Bachelor’s in engineering degree (or)
- Master’s in engineering degree (or)
- A minimum of 3 years’ managerial work experience which demonstrates current and relevant industry knowledge (or)
- NVQ Diploma Level 5/6 (or)
- European Safety Council’s Int Diploma in HSE endorsed by QULIFI (or)
- NEBOSH International Diploma
Recognised as prior learning by Portsmouth University the QULIFI Level 7 international diploma in Occupational Health & Safety will allow access to a full MSc within this UK university. A reduction of 60 credits will be applied and a reduction of fees also. The full MSc at Portsmouth is 180 credits so only 120 will be required.
- Module 1: Management-Driven, Risk-Based Safety Management Systems (150 hrs)
- Module 2: Globalization, Sustainability and Safety Culture Performance (150 hrs)
- Module 3: Digitalization and Incident Investigation (150 hrs)
- Module 4: Development as a Strategic Manager. (150 hrs)
Each unit has a guided learning study time of 150 hours.
You will be fully supported by the ESC (European Safety Council) assessment team the support is uncapped. There is no pass or fail your units will be up to the required standard or require additional work by the candidate.
Learners will need to demonstrate their knowledge, understanding, original thought, problem-solving and recommendations on actions will also be asked for where appropriate.
The assignment questions will require learners to draw on real organizations to illustrate their answers. Mature learners will ideally be able to draw on their personal work experience too. The assessment type is to submit the completed modules to the assessor, the assessment will not determine a pass/fail furthermore a feedback from the assessor will be received by the candidates to progress on to the next assignment.
Following the assessment of all modules this qualification will develop learners’ ability to:
- apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills
- Investigate issues and opportunities
- Develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organizational and environmental issues
- Use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways
- make use of relevant information from different sources
- Develop and encourage problem solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges Exercise judgement and take responsibility for decisions and actions
- Develop the ability to recognize and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social and other transferable skills
The Diploma provides 60 credit points and 600 recommended learning hours. Candidates should submit the assessment answers electronically for each module. Candidates are expected to research and answer assessment.
The provision of evidences for all the questions is not mandatory and can be given when asked only.
QUESTION PAPER PATTERN
Question Paper is for 150 Marks. There are two sections:
- Section A will have 6 questions carrying 10 marks each. All questions are compulsory.
- Section B will have 5 questions carrying 20 marks each. Answer any 3 questions.
- Section C Case Study – Health and Safety audit of the Workplace – 30 marks.
The course Duration
The course validity is for 18 months. You can opt to submit the modules within this time period. As and when you complete a module, you can submit it for assessor review.
Benefits – Study MSc OHSM at University of Portsmouth, UK
University of Portsmouth, UK recognises the Qualifi Level 7 International Diploma in OHSM as progression route to MSc OHSM with 60 credits, allowing learners to study 120 credits with the Learning at Work department to gain MSc OHSM. This arrangement is exclusive for learners enrolling to Qualifi Level 7 Intl Diploma through ESC.
Join us and others from around the globe online.
Get a career of high demands in the Quality, Safety and Environment field and let us help you build it.